Cleeton St Mary
Before 1876 Cleeton was part of Bitterley parish with no church of its own, although documentary evidence points to worship before the Norman Conquest, possibly by an itinerant priest. A 17th century deed mentions ‘St Margaret’s Chapel’. 1860-1880 the Revd George Pardoe endowed and built the school, four almshouses, Church and Rectory. The church was in the first instance a Chapel of Ease attached to the parish church of Bitterley.
Visit their website to read more about the interesting history of this mining and farming village and its church.