Alberbury

St Michael's and All Angels



St Michael's and All Angels is a Saxon Collegiate Church founded between the 7th and 10th century.  The church was reconsecrated in 1290, once Welsh border disputes ceased.  The nave is quoted by Nikolaus Pevsner as the ‘finest example of a late medieval roof in all Shropshire’.  The church has an Impressive Saddleback Tower, dating from about 1200 AD.  The Loton Chapel was added in 1320, and contains a pre-Raphaelite window by Burne Jones.

Open Sat 10.00 am-4.00 pm Easter to the end of October. Key available at other times. Parking and Wheelchair access.