The Parish Church in Bucknell is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and believed to have been first constructed in about 1140. It is stone built, consisting of a chancel, a nave of three bays, north aisle, vestry, south porch and a western tower with a wooden spire containing a clock and three bells. The church was extensively restored in 1869-70 in the Transitional style. The oldest artefact is the font which is believed to be Saxon or early Norman in origin. There is an arch in the sanctuary which was a mediaeval Easter Sepulchre.
St Mary's is one of seven churches in the Middle Marches Benefice.