The church is situated in a tranquil conservation area within an AONB, nestling at the foot of Wenlock edge. Best approached through the south-west gate, this peaceful church has seen little substantial building since the 1200s. Before entering the porch, notice the Saxon herringbone masonry in part of the church wall. Inside, the white walls reflect the light, and a warm welcome is extended to visitors to church and services.
A quotation from a newspaper article of 1856 states “the stained glass windows at the east end are splendid specimens of the art. .... we never saw such richness of colour and beauty of design combined”. The west window has been filled with amber coloured glass, and throws a warm glow over that part. They came from the establishment of Messrs Horwood Brothers.”
St Peter's is a Caring for God's Acre church. For more information on the conservation work of this organisation, visit their website.
|Local interest links|
Local interest links
|New to Rushbury Parish?|
New to Rushbury Parish?
|Service times for the Apedale Benefice|