St Raphael and St Isidore
SY4 5TQ. Open everyday.
Panoramic views and peace outside, a host of surprises inside.
Petton church is on an old Motte and Bailey site. The present plain brick building dates to 1727. Inside are box pews, a gallery and ornate ironwork. Some of the features are recycled - the pulpit and reredos are from Wrexham Parish Church, the pillars from Shrewsbury Council House and a door from the Abbey.
The very fine painted glass windows are by the Victorian London firm of Ward & Hughes.
In 2000 the church was dedicated to St Raphael, the Archangel , and St Isidore, the farm labourer.
Services are held twice a month. Guided tours on request.
There is an Eco loo in the churchyard.
For more information see https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/4242/