St Julian's

St Julian's Centre, St Alkmund's Square, SY1 1UH

St Alkmund's in the foreground, the tower of St Julian's  in the background.

St Julian's church is one of the four Saxon foundations in Shrewsbury.  The tower dates from the 12th century whereas the present nave was designed by Thomas Farnolls Pritchard who also designed the Iron Bridge at Telford.  Pritchard was born in Shrewsbury and baptised in St Julian's Church on 11 May 1723.

The building is privately owned and has recently returned to public worship.

Opening hours: Tuesdays 11.00 - 16.30 and   Wednesdays 1200 - 16.00 ; Saturdays 12.00 - 16.00 or by appointment (ring 01743 600714)

Disabled access from the rear entrance.

Parking, town car parks. 

Toilets, including disabled.