All Saints TF10 8BY
Open Daylight hours.
All Saints Church stands on an elevated site in the village of Forton, near Newport with views of the Aqualate estate. The original church was built at Forton in 1199 though the Saxon font in the Church tower indicates it was a site of worship before this date. The yew tree to the left of the path is 1300 years old. The church has undergone several major changes but the east and north wall of the chancel survive and the round head slit window on the chancel north wall confirms the church has a 12th Century foundation. The 13th century bell tower houses 6 bells.
The church was rebuilt in 1723 and the beautiful font was placed in the Church at the same time.
The most prominent monument is the alabaster tomb of Thomas Skrymsher, Knight of Aqualate and his wife Anne and family.
The Church is open during daylight hours with parking in the lane beside the church. Further information about services can be found on our website fortonchurch.org.uk. Disabled access is available with prior notice- please ring Janet Guest (Churchwarden) on 01952 820080. There is a disabled toilet nearby which is open during services.