SY7 0AA Parking on road, wheelchair access. Open daylight hours.
The Parish Church in Bucknell is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and believed to have been first constructed in about 1140. It is stone built, consisting of a chancel, a nave of three bays, north aisle, vestry, south porch and a western tower with a wooden spire containing a clock and three bells. The church was extensively restored in 1869-70 in the Transitional style. The oldest artefact is the tub font which is believed to be Saxon or early Norman in origin. There is an arch in the sanctuary which was a mediaeval Easter Sepulchre. Its fully modernised heating system guarantees a wam welcome in all seasons.
Although the regular congregation is small, it delights in welcoming visitors to all services and is very conscious of the need to minister to the whole community. It gives strong support to the village C of E primary school.
More information on the website https://bedstoneandbucknell.org/bucknell/stmaryschurchbucknell/
Font:- Lin Keska, Facebook